- Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
- Data subject – a natural person who’s Personal Data is being processed.
- We/us – Moorfields Research & Innovation.
Moorfields Research & Innovation is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy, together with any other source material referred to within, sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
1. Individuals whose data we collect and process
- 1.1 We collect information the data subject (yourself or others, including your children) to take part with research and/or in patient, public involvement and engagement:
- 1.1.1 individuals who register directly using the ROAM application
You will fall into one or more of these categories of individuals.
2. Information we process about Individuals
- 2.1 by consenting and getting involved in ROAM, we will store information including personal data that you have specified via the application
- 2.2 if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- 2.3 details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data
3. Information we process about our end users
- 3.1 In addition to the above, we process information on behalf of our end users including:
4. Retention & Deletion
If you have submitted or requested information from us, we will retain your information until you request to be removed / deleted. Subject to the exceptions described below, we delete or anonymise your information upon request.
- 4.1 If there is an unresolved issue, such as an outstanding research enquiry.
- 4.2 We may also retain certain information if necessary for its legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention.
- 4.3 If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymized form.
5. IP addresses, cookies and similar technologies
- 5.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual
- 5.2 We do not obtain information about your general internet usage by using technology such as "cookies", which store information on the hard drive of your computer.
- 5.3 To find out more about cookies, including how to control and disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- 5.4 You may refuse to accept some technologies such as cookies by activating settings on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of these technologies. If you do not activate these settings on your browser then you will be taken to have consented to the use of these technologies.
6. Security and Control of Data
- Please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures in order to reduce the risk of unauthorised access.
7. How we use your information
- 7.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 7.1.1 Match your eligibility in research trial if you have registered through our ROAM application
- 7.1.2 Match your suitability for patient and public involvement and engagement in health and care research
- 7.2 If you have requested information, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) or by telephone in response to your request
- 7.3 We do not disclose personal information about individuals to advertisers or sell your information to any other organisation for marketing purposes
8. Consent and sharing your information
- 8.1 We will rely on obtaining your consent for use of your personal information when registering through our ROAM application, and to share sensitive personal information with us.
- 8.2 We process and analyse your data;
- 8.2.1 including whether you have an eye condition or not, so that we can send you the most relevant information. We will never share your data or share it with anyone not directly working on our behalf
- 8.2.2 we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Moorfields Research & Innovation, our user, or others.
- 8.3 You have the right to ask us not to process or retain your personal data. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Links to other sites
- 9.1 Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
10. Accessing your Information
- 10.1 The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a "data subject access request" under GDPR 2016. If we do hold information about you we will:
- 10.1.1 give you a description of it;
- 10.1.2 tell you why we are holding it;
- 10.1.3 tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- 10.1.4 let you have a copy.
- 10.2 Any formal subject access request should be made in writing to the address below. This will be provided free of charge. However we may charge a reasonable fee for repetitive, unfounded, or excessive requests or additional copies.
11. How can you Update or Change your Information?
- 11.1 If at any time you wish to change your information, you can contact us, providing the updated information.
- 11.2 If you wish to opt-out of email notifications and communications you can contact us and we will ensure you do not receive any more communications.
12. Data Subject Rights
- 12.1 Right to rectification - the right to request the controller rectify inaccurate personal data.
- 12.2 Right to object - the right to object to processing based on either public interests or legitimate interests. Processing must stop, unless the controller demonstrates compelling grounds for continuing the processing or that the processing is necessary in connection with the controller’s legal rights.
- 12.3 Right to object to Direct Marketing
- 12.4 Right to be forgotten - the right to have the controller erase personal data without undue delay. Contingent on the occurrence of one of the following:
- 12.4.1 The data is no longer necessary;
- 12.4.2 The data subject withdraws consent (and consent is the legal basis for processing);
- 12.4.3 Controller has no overriding grounds for continuing processing against the objectification;
- 12.4.4 Processing was unlawful;
- 12.4.5 Erasure is necessary with EU or national law.
- 12.5 Right to Restrict Processing - the right to have the controller restrict processing if:
- 12.5.1 The accuracy of the data is contested;
- 12.5.2 Processing is unlawful;
- 12.5.3 The controller no longer needs the data for its original purpose, but needs it for legal purposes;
- 12.5.4 Erasure is pending.
- 12.6 Right of Data Portability - the right to receive a copy of your data in a commonly used machine-readable format for transfer to another controller. This will either be in .xls or .csv format.